Monday, November 5, 2007

Fate, Destiny, Faith and Control

This is one of my posts from the past. Pasting it here to share with you guys.

What is fate? Or what is destiny?
In any standard dictionary, it will say,
"fate is a predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control."
And that makes destiny an inevitable destination waiting to be reached.

In movie Matrix, Morpheous asks Neo:

Do you believe in fate, Neo?
No.
Why not?
Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.

“Being in control of your own life”, what does it mean? We might get the answer by the end of this blog.

I was thinking all about this while driving to office this morning and was wondering is it that every thing I do in my life, the life I am living, every failure I face, every achievement I make… all is part of an already written script and I’m just somebody who is filling up this character of being me. I’m not in control of my life. I can’t change things. Is it true? What if I bang my car to that tree? Is this also destined to happen? Yes, if I choose to do so :-) … tricky isn’t it?

There are different ways to perceive the concept of fate. And there are lot of things which are contradictory. And I believe fate and destiny are sometimes, in fact most of the times misunderstood and are normally used by people to feel better in a situation which seems to be helpless. Ok, explain me the difference between “giving up” and “giving up to fate or destiny”. The latter definitely sounds more consoling. But is it okay to say always that things dint turned out our way as it was not destined to be.

Okay, if we give it a further thought, I say fate is our path from birth to death, it’s our life. And at each moment in our lives we face an infinite number of choices… Infinite number of doors… one of which we choose to open. Have you ever heard of the sentence “I can only show you the door, you must go through it”… It’s God, the supernatural, he brings us to the doors and give us the opportunity to make a choice. At times deciding could be difficult. But we must make this decision, even though we don’t have all the answers, no certainty of what is behind the doors. So it becomes the decision of faith. There will be times when we might find ourselves unable to decide anything, and then we wonder why God brought us here at first place? May be we fail to realize that God is showing us a way and if we accept the path to which God invites us, we are too assured the ability to rise above all confinements and difficulties of this present reality.

Destiny brings us to the door. And it’s us who chooses to go through it or not. The door WE decide to choose determines the life WE choose to live. As we progress through our lives, we make some important and some not so important decisions. And these series of decisions when seen in entirety becomes the path of our life; and makes our life what it is, different from others and meaningful! It’s WE, who add meaning to it. WE therefore define our own path, our own fate, our own destiny! And this power vested in us to CHOOSE make us in control of our own life!

~~

1 comment:

mannu said...

its all the human strength that make him to be with the fate, if u have fate, means u r human n vice versa...

as per ur thinking while coming to ofc to make a collapse with the tree :), why dint u tried that, can u have an answer???, i say yes u had, thats why u dint made that thing to happn.

well nyway really grt thought abt the faith and yo the mighty destiny!!!

Great job boss.......