Sunday, November 4, 2007

Gadzet Gizmo

Lately, I've developed this reputation of being a gizmo-gadget freak, who knows all about all the hot and cold electronic gadgets in the market. It's not that I've some problem carrying this rapport, but this sometime gets me in some unusual situations.
For example, all my relatives want my approval before buying some thing which consumes electrical energy to work. And at times a telephonic approval may just not do. They'll want me to accompany them to the shop, see the thing physically, at times they may want me to touch it as well (Does this touch good? yea uncle, No!, touch here... It's little rough... imagine!).
And then finally, after all the touching and seeing, I declare that this thing is good enough to buy. Then comes the part which I hate the most. It sound something like this: "Son! we are buying this just because YOU said that this brand is better than the one your Aunty's sister has. That one has 6 months of more warranty and will cost us Rs 200 less. But we are still ready to pay that extra amount because YOU are saying so. Are YOU sure?". A polite message from them to re-consider my declaration. It feels as if I'm about to sign a stamp-paper declaration; and if ever this thing gets screwed up, they are gonna sue me taking the sales-man as an eye-witness.
Most of you at this point would think... that I should like... what the heck... then go and buy that other one. No dear friends, from my experience, never do that. Unless you are willing to have another visit to another showroom and another round of touching and seeing and then another classic reconsideration. And this time, it would be like: "Son! you know what, we actually liked the previous one better, it was your Aunty's fav brand and would have given her a definite edge over her sis and hence made her feel proud of myself, moreover that salesman was saying that it has better technology, had YOU not told us to come here, we would have bought that one only!"
What the !@#@$
Believe me it never ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man! i am looking to buy an iPhone.. and i will only buy it if you say that... ;-)