Friday, November 2, 2007

Next Time

In my earlier days as kid, I used to think, everything is periodic. There is a pattern in everything. And it keeps repeating itself over and over again. We all are living in a set of concentric circles. Small circles. Big circles. Just like days and nights. Just like time on our watches. 4 p.m it's today and so is it tomorrow. It gave me an impression that this moment right now... will be back again, tomorrow or some time later. So it always gave me this thing called "Next-Time". And I wished next time would be better if it's not already. Now since I know what to do, I'll do it better next-time. Being a younger sibling, I used to think, It's just not fair to be younger and next time I would be the elder one. So that I can win all the sports. So that i can be taller. So that I can boss around.

It took me quite a long to understand what exactly this deal was all about. And being younger is not that bad either.
It's more like a spiral coil, a spring, than a circle. And if you stretch ends, you'll get a straight line. No going back. And it took me even longer to realize that there is no such thing called "Next-Time". And if you think you can go back and live it again. Change things. Be a Hiro Nakamura. No. You can't. Not in this life.

But. Yes. Things do come back. They come back all the time. And it is not bad to hope them to come back. And then, when they come back, you should know what to do this time as there is no .... :-)

1 comment:

Harpreet Singh said...

This post of yours is really interesting. You not only possess good writing skills but also a philosophical bent of mind.